Saturday, January 9, 2010

Blessings at the Market

Today I went to the Regional Market here in Syracuse (by myself!!! I don't remember the last time I was by myself!!). The whole way there I was grumbling in my heart because I missed the Public Market in Rochester. If I was going there I knew exactly which farmers to go to to buy the items that I needed to buy from but I figured that the outside farmers that I had bought from in the fall in Syracuse wouldn't be around so I had no idea who to buy from or if any "real farmers" would be there. I found the farmers in one of the sections of the market and was able to find most of the stuff that I needed. Peppers were on my list and I was excited to find someone selling a box of them for $2. They had spots on them and I had to throw part of them away but they didn't really look that much worse than the ones that were being sold across the aisle for 2 for $1. When I got home I sorted them and cut them up. There were 22 peppers that I got for $2. I came up with a gallon and a quart bag of greens to put in the freezer and a quart of red peppers. There was also quite a bit of scraps in my batter bowl that we put on pizza tonight.

Thank you God for providing an abundance of peppers and other good things at the market today. Please forgive me for grumbling and doubting that You would provide.

$2 worth of peppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment