Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fresh Veggies


This week we have had one of the kids' friends come over for a couple of days while her mom went back to teaching at LeMoyne. They live in our neighborhood but have a garden at one of her husband's co-workers' home. She brought me a bag of little cherry tomatoes earlier in the week and today her husband went to the garden and she brought me 3 bags of produce: an ear of corn, a bunch of basil (that smells wonderful!), some carrots, potatoes and big and small tomatoes. Yum! I am looking forward to eating all of this yumminess.

Last week when we went to Waterloo we also got a bag of summer squash, zucchini and cucumbers from Aunt Amy and a bunch of tomatoes and some peppers from Grandma and Grandpa's garden but I didn't take a picture. We have enjoyed them though in spaghetti, lasagna, and chili as well as just eating them fresh. Yum! I love this time of the year!!

Thanks God for fresh veggies that are so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment