Sunday, March 21, 2010

Haircuts and Other Necessities

Today on the way home from church I stopped at Walgreens because Glenn really needed a haircut and we can not find our haircutting scissors anywhere. I really didn't want to stop in Target or Wegmans because it was going to take too long but I was so glad I stopped at Walgreens. The only hair cutting scissors that they had were on sale for $7 down from $9 and they were Conair and all Conair hair products were buy one get one free. I was able to get a nice, new hairbrush for free with the scissors I bought, what a surprise. Thanks God for that added gift.

Haircuts are a necessity around here because, for some reason, our hair keeps on growing. Today I was able to cut Glenn's and Caleb's hair. I only said "Oops" once. (I guess it is a good thing that our hair keeps growing - Glenn tells me that he is used to my little mistakes on his hair and it is ok. I am thankful for a gracious husband!) I also cut off a few of the split ends on my hair as well which was a bit overdo. I was worried going to the store to buy scissors because I didn't know how much they were going to cost but I was pleasantly surprised at the price and laughed at myself when I thought of how much they actually save us. The last time Glenn paid for someone to cut his hair was right before his Upstate interview last January (I guess it worked - he got in!) and the last time I paid to have someone do anything to my hair was in Wyoming back in the summer of '05. I think $7 is well worth the savings that we'll get from them!

Another necessity around here is food. I have many friends on facebook that are often posting pictures of their couponing exploits at drug stores. They get some pretty amazing deals and are always talking about OOP (out of pocket) and coming home with tons of stuff for very little money. I am not exactly sure how they do it but I did get a good deal with some coupons that I got in the mail and online last week at Target. I got 5 boxes of Kashi Heart to Heart cereal and a box of Kashi crackers and a box of Kashi granola bars for only $7.17 total. I was pretty excited. I love Kashi stuff but without significant sales and coupons it is way out of our price range for our food budget right now but at less that $1.03 a box I was pretty excited to get some yummy healthy cereal and snacks. I took a picture and someday I may load it on here but not tonight.

Thank you God for unexpected free stuff, laughter and for coupons to stretch our food budget! I love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for God's little blessings!! When I was in high school, my sunday school teacher encouraged us to look for baby miracles each week--things that happened that were not what we expected--things that reminded us of God's love and ways that He took care of us.

    I'm glad you found such a great deal at Target on Kashi products =) Fun, fun!!

    ReplyDelete