Friday, April 9, 2010

A Place to Plant

We were so excited about being in one place over the summer so that we could grow stuff. We recently found out that we are going to have to move this summer do to circumstances beyond our control so there goes our place to plant but we had already bought a bunch of seeds and started a bunch (too much maybe) of tomatoes and peppers. We didn't know what to do. We are not sure where we are going to be moving to so what are we going to do with all of our little plant babies? I was talking to our neighbor across the street and I remember her mentioning last year the community garden that she was a part of. I asked her about it and if she knew how I could get involved in it. She told me that she had a friend who had the plot right next to hers and that he might not be using it this year. She told me yesterday that she talked to him and found out that he is not using it but he will fill out the paperwork like he is and let us use his plot so that we can get right in there and get started and not have to wait for the waiting list and all that stuff. I have no idea how big of a plot we have but I think that we are going to head over there tomorrow after Glenn's test to check it out. I am so thankful and am looking forward to fresh veggies this summer from our garden plot.

Special thanks going out to Melissa and to God for providing these transitory people with a place to plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment